All Recipes >Creme Brulee
Creme Brulee Recipe
You're Watching Episode: 11
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Subscribe to Laura's YouTube Channel (It's FREE!) to stay updated on new recipes! Want to leave a comment for this recipe? You can leave comments on this recipe's YouTube page! (I love reading your comments :)
3 Egg Yolks
1/4 cup Granulated Sugar + 1 Tbspp for each serving
1 1/2 cups Heavy Cream
1 tsp Vanilla
1/2 tsp Orange Zest
1/8 tsp Salt
Fresh Strawberries or Raspberries
1) Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2) In a small saucepan on low heat, slowly heat the cream to a simmer but not boiling.
3) Meanwhile, in a bowl, with an electric mixer, whisk together the sugar, egg yolks, and vanilla. Slowly add the cream to the egg mixture on low speed making sure you donít curdle the eggs. Add salt & orange zest and whisk to combine.
4) Divide batter into 6 1-inch deep ramekins and place them into a deep roasting pan.
5) Pour boiling water into the pan, just enough to come up half way on the ramekins. Bake for 35-45 minutes (custard should be set when gently shaken).
6) Remove custards from water bath and let cool at room temperature for about 30 minutes, then set them in the fridge for a minimum of 3 hours. (for best results, make these the night before you want to eat them)
7) When ready to serve, let them come to room temperature for 10 minutes, top each one with 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar. With a small kitchen blow torch, heat the top of each custard until the sugar caramelizes evenly, but does not burn. (Keep your eye on it, because it happens very quickly, and the sugar will burn very quickly.
Serve with fresh raspberries.