All Recipes >Bechamel Sauce
Bechamel Sauce Recipe
You're Watching Episode: 143
Watch More Laura in the Kitchen:
Subscribe to Laura's YouTube Channel (It's FREE!) to stay updated on new recipes! Want to leave a comment for this recipe? You can leave comments on this recipe's YouTube page! (I love reading your comments :)
Makes 4 Cups
¼ cup of Butter
¼ cup of Flour
4 cups of Whole Milk
Freshly Grated Nutmeg
Salt and White Pepper
1) Add the milk in a small saucepan and bring to simmer.
2) In a large sauce pan over medium heat add the butter and let it melts. Add the flour and stir until the flour is incorporated in the butter, cook for a couple minutes or util there are no lumps.
3) Slowly add the warm milk while whisking and cook for a few minutes or until the milk has thickened, stirring the whole time.
4) Season with a touch of fresh grated nutmeg and salt and white pepper to taste.
5) Turn off the heat and place it in a large bowl. Place a piece of plastic wrap directly over the cream sauce to keep a skin from forming. Refrigerate until ready to use.