All Recipes >Cream Puffs
Cream Puffs Recipe
You're Watching Episode: 18
Watch More Laura in the Kitchen:
Subscribe to Laura's YouTube Channel (It's FREE!) to stay updated on new recipes! Want to leave a comment for this recipe? You can leave comments on this recipe's YouTube page! (I love reading your comments :)
Serves 6 (2 per person)
1 cup of Water
1 cup of All Purpose Flour
˝ tsp Salt
1 Stick of Unsalted Butter
4 Eggs at Room Temperature
Vanilla ice cream or sweetened whipped cream or pastry cream ( all optional)
˝ cup of Heavy Cream
12 ounces of Semisweet Chocolate Chips
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2) Spray 2 baking sheets with non stink spray and set aside.
3) Put the water, butter, and salt in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium low heat. Remove from heat. Add the flour all at once and stir well with a wooden spoon until the flour is completely mixed in.
4) Turn the heat back on to medium heat and cook, stirring constantly for 2 minutes. Scrape the dough into a large bowl.
5) With a whisk or wooden spoon, beat in the eggs one at a time until all four eggs are well incorporated.
6) Spoon the dough into 12 rounded mounds onto the prepared baking sheet, dip your finger into a little water and smooth out the edges to make sure that no small bits burn. Bake them for 45 minutes and let cool for 30 minutes before filling.
7) To make the chocolate sauce heat together the heavy cream and chocolate chips over a double boiler until the chocolate melts. Let cool for 2 minutes before serving.
Once the cream puffs have cooled, fill with your favorite filling and spoon over some chocolate sauce.