All Recipes >Cherry Cake
Cherry Cake Recipe
You're Watching Episode: 191
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Subscribe to Laura's YouTube Channel (It's FREE!) to stay updated on new recipes! Want to leave a comment for this recipe? You can leave comments on this recipe's YouTube page! (I love reading your comments :)
10 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
¾ cup of Granulated Sugar
1 ½ cups of Flour
½ cup of Milk
1 tsp Baking Powder
½ tsp of Vanilla Extract
¼ tsp of Salt
1 cup of Maraschino Cherries, drained and roughly chopped
½ cup of Slivered Almonds
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9inch round cake pan with non stick cooking spray and lay the bottom with parchment paper
2) In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugar, add the eggs and vanilla and mix until you get a smooth batter.
3) Add about 1 tbsp of flour to the cherries and mix, set aside.
4) Add the flour and salt to the butter and egg mixture, mix just until it’s combined. Add the milk and mix it in.
5) Using a spatula, fold in the cherries. Pour batter into the prepared pan and even out the top. Scatter the almonds evenly over the top and bake for 40 to 45 minutes or when a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
6) Let cool for about 30 minutes, dust the top with confectioner sugar and dig in!