All Recipes >Basic Pie Crust
Basic Pie Crust Recipe
You're Watching Episode: 194
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Subscribe to Laura's YouTube Channel (It's FREE!) to stay updated on new recipes! Want to leave a comment for this recipe? You can leave comments on this recipe's YouTube page! (I love reading your comments :)
Makes one 9
1 ½ cups of All Purpose Flour
5 Tbsp Cold Butter, cut into cubes
¼ cup of Cold Vegetable Shorting, cut into cubes
½ tsp Salt
3 to 5 Tbsp of Ice Water
1) In a food processor add the flour and salt, pulse once to incorporate.
2) Add the butter and shorting, pulse about 10 times or until the butter is about the size of peas and distributed evenly.
3) While pulsing and 1 tbsp of ice water until the dough comes together when pinched between fingers.
4) Dump the dough in a lightly floured surface and quickly form into a disk.
5) Wrap dough and pop it in the fridge for about half an hour before using.