All Recipes >Apple Crisp
Apple Crisp Recipe
You're Watching Episode: 195
Watch More Laura in the Kitchen:
Subscribe to Laura's YouTube Channel (It's FREE!) to stay updated on new recipes! Want to leave a comment for this recipe? You can leave comments on this recipe's YouTube page! (I love reading your comments :)
For the topping
1 cup of Flour
¾ cup of Oats
½ cup of Unsalted Butter very cold and cut into small dices
½ tsp Baking Powder
1/3 cup of Brown Sugar
1 tsp of Cinnamon
¼ tsp of Salt
For the filling,
3 pounds of Macintosh Apples, peeled, cored and cut into big chunks
Zest and juice of half of a small Lemon
Zest and juice of 1 Orange
2 Tbsp of Flour
1 tsp of ground Cinnamon
½ cup of Granulated Sugar
1) Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
2) In a large bowl, add all of the filling ingredients and mix together until all of the apples are coated.
3) Place the filling in a large casserole dish and set aside.
4) In the same large bowl, mix all of the topping ingredients except for the butter. Add the butter and using your index finger and you thumb pinch the butter with the flour until its all incorporated.
5) Scatter the topping all over the top of the apples and place the casserole dish on top of a baking sheet, bake for about 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Let it cool for a wile before serving.