All Recipes >Chicken Soup
Chicken Soup Recipe
You're Watching Episode: 228
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Subscribe to Laura's YouTube Channel (It's FREE!) to stay updated on new recipes! Want to leave a comment for this recipe? You can leave comments on this recipe's YouTube page! (I love reading your comments :)
2 cups of Butternut Squash, cut into 1 inch cubes
2 cups of Cubed Potatoes
1 cup of Celery, chopped
1 large Onion, chopped
1 cup of Chopped Carrots
4 Chicken Legs
2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
1 Chicken Bullion Cube
¼ cup of Tomato Puree
1 cup of Short Cut Pasta
6 cups of Water
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) In a large soup pot over medium high heat, preheat the olive oil. Season the chicken legs with salt and pepper to taste, add them to the hot oil and let them cook for a few minutes on each side or until golden brow, remove to a plate.
2) Add all the chopped veggies in the pot and season with salt and pepper, let them cook for about 5 to 7 minutes or until the veggies start to cook down and develop a little color.
3) Add the water, tomato puree, bullion cube and the chicken legs, reduce the heat to low and let it cook for about 2 hours.
4) Remove the chicken from the pan to cool, once cooled discard the skin and shred the meat off the bone, set aside.
5) Using an emersion blender, blend the veggies until desired consistency, add the shredded chicken back in a turn the heat up to medium high, let it come to a boil and add the pasta.
6) Cook the pasta for about 10 minutes and adjust the seasoning before serving.