All Recipes >Thanksgiving Salad
Thanksgiving Salad Recipe
You're Watching Episode: 236
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Subscribe to Laura's YouTube Channel (It's FREE!) to stay updated on new recipes! Want to leave a comment for this recipe? You can leave comments on this recipe's YouTube page! (I love reading your comments :)
6 cups of Fresh Baby Arugula
1 Large Head of Endive
1 Small Head of Radicchio, cut into large wedges and leaves separated
2 Sweet Potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
4 oz Bacon, cut into Ĺ inch pieces
Ĺ cup Tasted Pecans
1 tsp Dijon Mustard
2 Tbsp White wine vinegar
1 small Shallot, minced
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
2) Place the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and coat them with olive oil and salt and pepper, roast them for about 25 to 30 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown.
3) Place all the salad greens in a large bowl and set aside.
4) In a small skillet over high heat, add the bacon and cook for a couple minutes or until the bacon is crispy, remove to a plate with a slotted spoon making sure to leave the bacon drippings in the pan.
5) If you donít have about 2 tbsp of bacon drippings in the pan you can add a bit of olive oil until you get to 2 tbsp. add the shallot and cook for about 2 minutes.
6) Add the Dijon mustard and vinegar and cook for a few seconds or until it comes together.
7) Add the hot dressing directly over the greens along with the roasted sweet potatoes. Toss everything together so the greens can start to wilt slightly.
8) Place on a large platter or individual plates and top with the crispy bacon and toasted pecans. Enjoy!