All Recipes >Brie en Croute
Brie en Croute Recipe
You're Watching Episode: 242
Watch More Laura in the Kitchen:
Subscribe to Laura's YouTube Channel (It's FREE!) to stay updated on new recipes! Want to leave a comment for this recipe? You can leave comments on this recipe's YouTube page! (I love reading your comments :)
1 8oz Wheel of Brie
ľ cup of Dried Cranberries
2 Tbsp of Pecans, chopped
About 2 Tbsp of Honey
1 Sheet of Frozen but Thawed Puff Pastry
1 Egg beaten with 1 Tbsp of Water, for the egg wash
1) Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2) On a lightly floured board, roll out the puff pastry just a little so that it can fit the wheel of brie nicely and it will cover it from all angles.
3) In a small bowl, add the honey, pecans and cranberries, mix them together to mix.
4) Place the cranberry mixture in the center of the puff pastry and flatten it so it's one layer.
5) Sit the cheese on top of the cranberry mixture, brush all the edges with the egg wash and fold in the sides to close up the brie in the puff pastry.
6) Place it upside down (so that the bottom layer is now the top layer) so itís seam side down on a non stick baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes or until puffed and golden.
Let it sit for about 5 minutes before serving.