All Recipes >Struffoli
You're Watching Episode: 264
Watch More Laura in the Kitchen:
Subscribe to Laura's YouTube Channel (It's FREE!) to stay updated on new recipes! Want to leave a comment for this recipe? You can leave comments on this recipe's YouTube page! (I love reading your comments :)
1 ĺ cups of Flour
Zest of 1 Orange
Zest of 1 Lemon
1 Tbsp of Sugar
Small Pinch of Salt
1 Tbsp of Limoncello or Orange Juice
1 cup of Honey
Vegetable Oil for frying
1) In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients (dough will be very sticky) dump dough onto a floured surface and form into a ball (add more flour as you pull it together so itís no longer sticky.
2) Sprinkle a little flour in a small bowl and set the dough in it. Cover with plastic wrap and let it rest on the counter for 30 minutes.
3) In a large pot or a deep fryer, add enough oil to get up to about 3 inches. Heat over medium high heat until the oil is about 370 degrees when tested with a thermometer.
4) Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and sprinkle with flour, set aside, also line another baking sheet with paper towels and set aside.
5) Once the dough has rested, place it on a floured surface and cut into 8 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a thin rope shape and cut ľ inch pieces. Roll each piece into a round ball and place them on the parchment paper lined baking sheet.
6) Fry the struffoli carefully in the hot oil making sure to constantly turn them around as they fry for even cooking, once they are deep golden brown, remove onto the paper towel lined baking sheet.
6) Heat the honey in a small pot until slightly runny, add it to a big bowl and add in the cooked struffoli, toss them well for a few minutes or until they are well covered in the honey. Sprinkle over some sprinkles and let them sit for a wile before serving.