All Recipes >Cheesesteaks
You're Watching Episode: 283
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Subscribe to Laura's YouTube Channel (It's FREE!) to stay updated on new recipes! Want to leave a comment for this recipe? You can leave comments on this recipe's YouTube page! (I love reading your comments :)
1 lb of Sirloin Beef, sliced very very thinly
About 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper, to taste
Cheese of your choice (I like American cheese for this)
4 Medium-sized Hoagie Rolls, split in half
For the Caramelized Onions:
1 Large Yellow Onion, sliced thinly
2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper, to Taste
For the onions,
1) Heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet over high heat, when the oil is hot, add the onions and season them with salt and pepper. Cook them for 5 to 7 minutes or until the onions have developed color but they still have some texture, remove from the pan and set aside.
For the cheesestaeks:
2) In the same skillet over high heat, add half of the oil and let it get nice and hot, add half of the thin steaks and season with salt and pepper.
3) Cook the steaks for a couple minutes or until fully cooked through (depending on the thickness of the steaks the time of cooking will vary)
4) Divide the steaks in 2 piles and add a couple of slices of cheese on each pile, let the cheese start to melt then add the steaks in your hoagie rolls and top with the cooked onions.
5) Repeat the same steps with the remaining steaks.