All Recipes >Creamed Spinach with Caramelized Onions and Applewood Smoked Bacon
Creamed Spinach with Caramelized Onions and Applewood Smoked Bacon Recipe
You're Watching Episode: 37
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Subscribe to Laura's YouTube Channel (It's FREE!) to stay updated on new recipes! Want to leave a comment for this recipe? You can leave comments on this recipe's YouTube page! (I love reading your comments :)
Ĺ lb of Applewood Smoked Bacon, chopped
1 Large Onion, thinly sliced
1 Clove of Garlic, minced
2 10oz Boxes of Frozen Spinach, defrosted and all the water ringed out
2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
8 oz Philadelphia Cream Cheese
1 cup Half and Half
Salt and Pepper, to taste
ľ tsp Fresh Grated Nutmeg
1) Preheat a large heavy bottom nonstick pan on medium heat.
Add the bacon and cook until golden brown and crispy, about 4 to 5 minutes.
2) Remove the bacon from the pan and add the butter and onions. Turn the heat to low and cook the onions for 10 to 15 minutes or until the onions are golden brown and caramelized.
3) Turn the heat up to medium and add the heavy cream, garlic and the cream cheese to the onions. Cook for 2 minutes.
4) Add the spinach and bacon in the cream cheese mixture and season with the nutmeg and salt and pepper.
5) Turn the heat back down to low and cook all together for 8 to 10 minutes or until the mixture is hot and bubbly!
Serve immediately because itís too scrumptious to wait another second!