All Recipes >Bistro Salad
Bistro Salad Recipe
You're Watching Episode: 385
Watch More Laura in the Kitchen:
Subscribe to Laura's YouTube Channel (It's FREE!) to stay updated on new recipes! Want to leave a comment for this recipe? You can leave comments on this recipe's YouTube page! (I love reading your comments :)
1 Head of Frisee, washed, trimmed and torn into large pieces
4 oz of Thick Cut Bacon, cut into ½” pieces
1 Clove of Garlic, finely minced
1 Shallot, finely minced
2 Tbsp of Red Wine Vinegar
1 ½ Tbsp of White Distilled Vinegar
4 Slices of Sourdough Bread, toasted
Salt and Pepper to taste
1) Fill a large skillet with high sides with a couple inches of water (half way up the sides) add the vinegar and bring to a simmer.
2) Meanwhile in a medium skillet, over medium high heat, add the bacon and cook until golden brown and a little crispy, add the garlic and shallots and turn the heat down to low, cook for about 2 minutes.
Meanwhile poach your eggs.
3) Break each of your eggs in a small bowl, using a wooden spoon, make a whirlpool effect in your simmering water, add the eggs one a time and cook them for exactly 3 ½ minutes for the egg whites to be fully set and the yolk slightly runny. If you like your yolk even runnier, cook it for less time.
4) As the eggs are cooking, finish your dressing.
5) In the bacon skillet with the shallot and garlic, add the vinegar and parsley and let it get nice and bubbly, pour over the frisee and set aside,
6) Remove each egg with a slotted spoon and gently dab them onto a kitchen town to remove excess water.
7) to serve, place a slice of the toasted bread on the bottom of your plate, top it with some of the salad and sit the egg right on top.