All Recipes >Grilled Veggie Panini
Grilled Veggie Panini Recipe
You're Watching Episode: 392
Watch More Laura in the Kitchen:
Subscribe to Laura's YouTube Channel (It's FREE!) to stay updated on new recipes! Want to leave a comment for this recipe? You can leave comments on this recipe's YouTube page! (I love reading your comments :)
1 Small Eggplant, thinly sliced
1 Zucchini, sliced thinly
2 Portobello Mushrooms, cleaned and sliced on a diagonal
2 Roasted Bell Peppers (from a jar itís fine)
8 oz of Fresh Mozzarella, thinly sliced
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Tbsp of Balsamic Vinegar
ľ cup of Pesto (homemade or store bought)
4 Thick Slices of Sourdough Bread
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
2) Drizzle the eggplant, mushrooms and zucchini with some olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
3) Grill the veggies for a few minutes on each side on the hot grill pan or until they develop some grill marks and have softened. Remove to a plate and drizzle some balsamic vinegar on top, set aside.
1) Spread 1 Tbsp of pesto on one piece of the bread (the bottom piece) and place a piece of mozzarella on top. Start layering your veggies on top of the mozzarella, and top the veggies with one more slice of cheese, put the top bun on.
6) Brush both sides of the outside of the bread with a little oil and grill them either on the grill pan or in a panini press until the cheese is fully melted and the outside is nice and crunchy.