All Recipes >Lemon Knot Cookies
Lemon Knot Cookies Recipe
You're Watching Episode: 398
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Subscribe to Laura's YouTube Channel (It's FREE!) to stay updated on new recipes! Want to leave a comment for this recipe? You can leave comments on this recipe's YouTube page! (I love reading your comments :)
4 cups of All Purpose Flour
3 tsp of Baking Powder
¼ tsp of Salt
1 cup of Granulated Sugar
½ cup of Shortening
Zest of One Lemon
Juice of One Lemon
1/3 cup of Milk
For the Glaze:
1 ½ cup of Confectioner Sugar
Zest of one Small Lemon
1 Tbsp of Lemon Juice
1) In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt, set aside.
2) In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the sugar and shortening, add the lemon zest and eggs and beat until the eggs are well incorporated.
3) Beat in the milk and lemon zest and make sure its all mixed well.
4) Add the dry ingredients and mix them in so that everything is well combined (the dough will be sticky)
5) Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and stick it in the fridge for a minimum of 3 hours or overnight.
6) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a couple baking sheets with parchment paper, set aside.
7) Take your dough out of the fridge and cut it into 3 equal pieces. Cut each piece into 12 pieces.
8) Take each small piece and roll it between your fingers to make a 6 inch rope.
9) Tie the rope into a loose knot and place it on the parchment paper lined baking sheet. Continue with the rest of them and place them about an inch apart on the baking sheets.
10) Bake them for about 12 minutes or until lightly golden, let them cool on the baking sheets.
11) To make the glaze, combine the confectioner sugar, lemon juice and zest and whisk to combine. Add one teaspoon of water a time and whisk it in until the mixture becomes the consistency of heavy cream.
12) Brush the glaze on top of the cookies and place them on a rack to dry.
13) To store, place them in an airtight container and store them in the fridge