All Recipes >Barbecue Pulled Chicken Sandwich
Barbecue Pulled Chicken Sandwich Recipe
You're Watching Episode: 418
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Subscribe to Laura's YouTube Channel (It's FREE!) to stay updated on new recipes! Want to leave a comment for this recipe? You can leave comments on this recipe's YouTube page! (I love reading your comments :)
Serves 6 to 8 depending on size of the buns
2 Pounds of Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
1 Onion, finely sliced
1 tsp of Paprika
1 tsp of Garlic powder
1 tsp of Onion Powder
1 Tsp of Chili Powder
2 Tbsp of Vegetable Oil
1/2 cup of Chicken Stock
1 1/2 Cups of BBQ Sauce or to taste
Salt and Pepper, to taste
6 Toasted Buns
1) In a large skillet with high sides, add the oil and preheat it over medium high heat.
2) In a small bowl, mix together your dry spices and sprinkle them all over the chicken along with some salt and pepper.
3) Add the chicken to the preheated skillet and cook them for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
4) Remove the chicken from the skillet onto a plate and add the sliced onion to the skillet and let them cook for a few minutes to soften.
5) Add the chicken stock and cover the skillet with a lid.
6) Add the chicken back in and cook for about 15 minutes or until fully cooked though.
7) Remove from the skillet and let it cool for a few minutes or until its cool enough for you to handle.
8) Using two forks or just your hands, shred the chicken.
9) Put it back in the same pan along with the bbq sauce and cook it covered on medium heat for about 10 minutes.
Serve on toasted buns with some coleslaw.