All Recipes >Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Filling and Chocolate Ganache
Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Filling and Chocolate Ganache Recipe
You're Watching Episode: 49
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Subscribe to Laura's YouTube Channel (It's FREE!) to stay updated on new recipes! Want to leave a comment for this recipe? You can leave comments on this recipe's YouTube page! (I love reading your comments :)
For the cake:
2 cups Granulated Sugar
1 cup Buttermilk
2/3 cup Vegetable Oil
1 cup Water
2 cups Flour
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Baking Soda
½ tsp Baking Powder
¾ cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
½ tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Instant Espresso Powder
For the filling:
1 (8oz) Package of Philadelphia Cream Cheese, at room temperature
1 cup Smooth Peanut Butter
½ cup Powdered Sugar
½ tsp Vanilla Extract
For the ganache:
½ cup Heavy Cream
5 oz Semisweet Chocolate Chips
For the topping:
Mini Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, cut in half
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease 2 - 9”cake pans, line the bottom with parchment paper and set aside.
2) Add the instant espresso powder in the water and give it a stir. Set aside.
3) In a large bowl, combine the sugar, buttermilk, oil, espresso water, vanilla extract and eggs. Whisk well to combine.
4) Add the flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Mix together just to combine but not over mixing.
5) Divide the cake batter evenly between the 2 greased cake pans. Bake in your preheated oven for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
6) Allow the cakes to cool for 45 minutes or until completely cooled.
7) Make the ganache by heating up the heavy cream in small saucepan just to boiling point. Turn off the heat, add the chocolate chips and let them sit for 5 minutes but do not stir!
8) Once the chocolate has melted whisk until smooth. Let cool and thicken for 15 minutes. Meanwhile make your filling.
9) For the filling, in a large bowl mix together the cream cheese, peanut butter, powdered sugar and vanilla until well combined.
10) Place one cake layer on a serving plate, spread the filling over the top. Add the second cake layer.
11) Spoon the ganache over the cake letting it drip over the sides. Top with the reese’s peanut butter cups and sprinkle with the powdered sugar and dig in!