All Recipes >Risotto with Peas and Prosciutto
Risotto with Peas and Prosciutto Recipe
You're Watching Episode: 57
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Subscribe to Laura's YouTube Channel (It's FREE!) to stay updated on new recipes! Want to leave a comment for this recipe? You can leave comments on this recipe's YouTube page! (I love reading your comments :)
1 Small Onion, finely chopped
2 Cloves Garlic, minced
1 cup Arborio Rice
2 oz Prosciutto, chopped
1 cup White Wine
4 cups Chicken Stock
3 Tbsp Olive Oil
Fresh Parmiggiano Reggiano
1 Tbsp Butter
1 cups Frozen, Defrosted Peas
A few Leaves of Fresh Chopped Basil
1) Place a large saucepan on a medium heat, Add the prosciutto and 1 tbsp of the oil. Just cook for about 30 seconds. Remove the prosciutto to a plate and reserve any left over oil. Add the remaining oil and chopped onion, season with some salt and pepper. Cook until the onion is soft and translucent. About 5 to 7 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
2) Meanwhile bring the broth to a simmer but do not let it boil otherwise it will reduce.
3) Add rice to the onion mixture and cook for a minute. Coating it in the oil. Add the wine and cook for a couple minutes until the wine has been absorbed by the rice.
4) Add a ladleful of hot broth to the rice, stir constantly and continually adding broth 1 ladleful at a time, waiting for the rice to soak it all up before adding the next ladleful. Season with salt and pepper .Continue until the rice is about 5 minutes away from being cooked.
5) When the rice is just about done, add the peas, along with another ladleful of stock. Once the rice is fully cooked turn the heat off. (The consistency should be creamy and loose not stiff and dry.) With the heat off, add the prosciutto back in and a good amount of parmiggiano reggiano. Taste for seasoning, and add in the butter and fresh chopped basil.
6) Serve immediately!
Once you see how easy it is to make the perfect risotto, you will make tons of different ones. If you stick by me, we will go on a risotto journey together. I will show you how many different kinds you can make and how to impress anyone with something so sinfully delicious and easy!