All Recipes >Vanilla Cupcakes - with Raspberry Butter Cream Frosting
Vanilla Cupcakes - with Raspberry Butter Cream Frosting Recipe
You're Watching Episode: 61
Watch More Laura in the Kitchen:
Subscribe to Laura's YouTube Channel (It's FREE!) to stay updated on new recipes! Want to leave a comment for this recipe? You can leave comments on this recipe's YouTube page! (I love reading your comments :)
Makes 12 Cupcakes
1 Cup Granulated Sugar
1 Stick Un-Salted Butter, softened
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 tsp Baking Powder
1/8 tsp Salt
1 1/3 Cups All Purpose Flour
1/3 Cup Whole Milk
For the Frosting:
1 Stick of Unsalted Butter, softened
½ cup Raspberry Preserves
½ tsp Vanilla Extract
1 16oz Box of Powdered Sugar
Fresh Raspberries, for garnishing
*NEW* For this recipe, Laura uses: KitchenAid Artisan Mixer, Large Ice Cream Scoop, Piping Bag Tips
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line your cupcake tin with liners and set aside.
2) In a mixing bowl fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the sugar and butter. Add the eggs and vanilla and cream together until you get a smooth mixture. Add the dry ingredients and with the speed on low mix together and slowly add the milk and just mix everything to combine. DO NOTOVERMIX! Make sure you give everything a good stir with a spatula from the bottom to incorporate any bit that wasn’t mixed.
3) Scoop the batter into your lined cupcake tin, make sure its only filled ¾ of the way up because they will rise. Bake for 20 minutes and let cool for about 45 minutes before frosting.
4) To make the frosting combine together all the frosting ingredients except the fresh raspberries and mix together to combine. Add the frosting in a piping bag fitted with a large star tip and pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes. Top with a few fresh raspberries and dive in!
5) These little beauties are so delicious and beautiful that I promise you everybody is going to think that you went to a fancy shmancy bakery and bought them. I make these very often because they always get a wow reaction from everybody and of course they are delicious!