All Recipes >Sausage and Peppers
Sausage and Peppers Recipe
You're Watching Episode: 73
Watch More Laura in the Kitchen:
Subscribe to Laura's YouTube Channel (It's FREE!) to stay updated on new recipes! Want to leave a comment for this recipe? You can leave comments on this recipe's YouTube page! (I love reading your comments :)
2 Crusty Italian Rolls
1 Large Red Bell Pepper, sliced lengthwise
1 Large Yellow Onion, sliced into half moon slices
2 Large Links of Italian Sausage, cut in half lengthwise
2 Cloves of Garlic, sliced
Ĺ cup of Red Wine
2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
Fresh Basil Leaves
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) Preheat a non stick skillet over medium high heat, add the olive oil and make sure itís nice and hot before adding the sausage.
2) When the oil is hot, add the sausage cut side down and cook for a few minutes on each side, until golden brown and cooked through. Remove the sausage to a plate.
3) In the same pan, add the onions and peppers and cook for about 10 minutes or until lightly brown and still tender crisp.
4) Add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds. Add the wine and scrape the bottom of the pot to lift up all of those delicious brown bits.
5) Add the sausage back in and season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes.
6) Remove from the heat and add a few fresh basil leaves. Make yourself a sandwich and dig in!
What is there not to love about this dish! To me it screams summer night at the local festival with my mother screaming ďdonít let the oil drip on your clothes!!!Ē because I would be eating a sausage and pepper sandwich that was literally bigger than my head. I love good old fashioned Italian food, and the classics are always in style for a reason. You donít see Dolce and Gabbana going out of style do you? And you will never go to an Italian party of festival without a sausage and pepper sandwich stand either. Because like I said, classic never go out of style!