All Recipes >Coconut Macaroons
Coconut Macaroons Recipe
You're Watching Episode: 77
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Subscribe to Laura's YouTube Channel (It's FREE!) to stay updated on new recipes! Want to leave a comment for this recipe? You can leave comments on this recipe's YouTube page! (I love reading your comments :)
1 14 oz Bag of Sweetened Shredded Coconut
1 14 oz Can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
ľ tsp of Almond Extract
2 Egg Whites, at room temperature
ľ tsp of Salt
Ĺ tsp of Cream of Tartar
1) Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
2) Lay a couple of baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
3) In the bowl of an electric mixer, fitted with a whisk attachment, whisk the eggs, salt and cream of tartar until very stiff peaks.
4) Meanwhile in a large bowl mix together the remaining ingredients until the condensed milk is incorporated well throughout the shredded coconut.
5) Using a small ice cream scoop, drop the macaroons about an inch apart on the prepared baking sheets. Bake for about 30 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
6) Let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
You know I have never really known anybody that makes macaroons and I donít know why. I think it could have to do with the fact that macaroons sound really shee shee and fancy and people probably think that you have to go to an expensive bakery to get them, when in reality its one of the easiest things in the world to make. Admittedly itís not of those treats I eat often, simply because I know my dentist would so not approve. They are very sweet and sticky, but letís face it, that what makes them so wonderful isnít it? Itís definitely a treat, but if you are going to treat yourself now is the time to do it. I love this time of year itís full of happy family gatherings, and yummy food. I say go all out and enjoy every bite of it J There macaroons should definitely come with a warning on them though because they are addicting!