All Recipes >Chicken Cacciatore
Chicken Cacciatore Recipe
You're Watching Episode: 8
Watch More Laura in the Kitchen:
Subscribe to Laura's YouTube Channel (It's FREE!) to stay updated on new recipes! Want to leave a comment for this recipe? You can leave comments on this recipe's YouTube page! (I love reading your comments :)
2.5 Pounds of Boneless Skinless Chicken Thigh
2 Large Red Bell Peppers (cut into bite size pieces)
1 Large Onion (cut into bite size pieces)
1 Pound Cremini Mushrooms
1 tsp Hot Pepper Flakes
3 Cloves of Garlic
1 cup Red Wine
1 28oz Can of Whole Plum Italian Tomatoes w/ juice
Salt and Pepper (to taste)
10 Leaves of Fresh Basil
3 tbsp Olive Oil
1) Salt and pepper the chicken and set aside.
2) In a large deep pan, on medium heat, heat the olive oil, sear the chicken breast on each side for about 5 minutes total , you just want the chicken to be light golden brown, remove from the pan and set aside.
3) In the same pan sauté the onions and peppers until they start to cook down and begin to caramelize about 5 minutes, add the mushrooms and garlic and season with salt and pepper, toss everything and place a lid on the pan so that everything cooks down together and all the natural juices from the mushrooms come out about 7 minutes.
4) Once all the vegetables are cooked down and the hot pepper flakes and add the chicken back in the pan with the vegetables, add the red wine and cook down for 1 minute, add the tomatoes and half of the basil, season with salt and pepper and let this cook covered for 1 hour and 10 minutes on low heat .
5) After 1 hour and 10 minutes turn the heat off and sprinkle in the remaining fresh basil, plate on a beautiful shallow bowl and serve with crusty bread to soak up the delicious sauce.