Cook time10 minutes
- 14 oz Block of Extra Firm Tofu
- 4 cups of Mixed Vegetables
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, grated or minced
- 2 tsp of Ginger, grated or minced
- 2 Tbsp of Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp of Water
- 1 Tbsp of Oyster Sauce
- 1 tsp of Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 Tbsp of Vegetable Oil
1) Drain the tofu from its package, cut it into 4 thick slices and press both sides with a few sheets of paper towels to soak up as much liquid as possible. Cut the tofu in 1” cubes and use some paper towels pat down the cut sides of the cubes as much as you can.
2) In a very large skillet or a wok, add the vegetable oil and preheat it over high heat to get it nice and hot, add the tofu and saute for about 3 minutes making sure to stir constantly so it develops some good color all around, remove from the pan and set aside.
3) To the same hot skillet, add the sesame oil along with the garlic and ginger and saute for just a few seconds, add the veggies, cook for 2 minutes and meanwhile, whisk together the soy, oyster sauce and water.
4) Add the sauce along with the cooked tofu, cook for 1 additional minute and immediately remove from the heat.