Cook time25 minutes
- 1 lb of Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Small Onion, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp of Taco Seasoning or 1 packet of taco seasoning blend
- ½ cup of Tomato Sauce
- 3/4 cup of Water
- Salt to taste, only add salt if using homemade taco seasoning blend
- 1 Tbsp of Vegetable OilFor the Taco Fixings,
- Taco shells, hard or soft
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheddar
- Shredded lettuce
- GuacamoleOptional Taco Seasoning Blend:
- 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Granulated Garlic
- 1 tsp Granulated Onion
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1/2 tsp Corn Starch
- 1/4 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- Salt, to taste
1) In a large skillet with high sides, add the oil and let it get nice and hot over medium high heat.
2) Add the ground beef and cook it for about 7 or 8 minutes or until fully cooked through making sure to break it up as much as possible with a wooden spoon.
3) Add the onion and cook it for another 3 or 4 minutes or until the onion starts to soften.
4) In a measuring cup, whisk together the water and spices, set aside.
5) Add the tomato sauce, and seasoning mixture, turn the heat down to medium and let the mixture cook for about 10 minutes or until the liquid has reduced and the sauce it nice and thick.
6) Serve it right away with your favorite taco fixins.