Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 487
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Get Social With Laura!Snap: LauraVitale86
Serves 8 to 10Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 1 hrs
½ cup of Vegetable Oil
1 cup of Sugar
¼ cup of Milk
2 tsp of Baking Powder
½ tsp of Salt
1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
2 cups of All Purpose Flour
4 Apples, peeled and shredded
½ cup of Dried Cranberries
½ tsp of Cinnamon
1 tsp of Orange Zest
For the Streusel Topping,
2 tbsp of Flour
¼ cup of Brown Sugar
3 tbsp of Cold Butter
Pinch of Salt
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, spray a 9x5” loaf pan and lay the bottom with parchment paper.
2) In a bowl, combine the flour, salt, cinnamon and baking powder, set aside
3) In a small bowl, toss the cranberries with about ¼ cup of the flour mixture and set it aside.
4) In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, sugar, milk, orange zest and vanilla. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix them all together until they are well combined. Fold in the cranberry mixture and pour the batter into your prepared pan and set it on a baking sheet.
5) In another bowl, combine together all the ingredients for the streusel topping except for the walnuts. Using a pastry cutter blend the ingredients together cutting the butter into small pieces, toss in the walnuts and sprinkle the mixture over top of the apple batter.
6) Bake the bread for about an hour or until fully cooked through (easiest way to tell is by taking a toothpick and inserted into the center and if it comes out without any wet batter, its done)
7) Allow it to cool for a while and then transfer onto a platter, slice and enjoy!