Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 477
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
10Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 1 hrs 15 mins
1 cup of Unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
1 cup of Sugar
1 Packet of Vanilla (or 2 tsp of Vanilla Extract)
2 tsp of Baking Powder
Zest of 1 Lemon
3 cups of Flour
½ tsp of Salt
½ cup of Limoncello
4 Apples, peeled cored and cut into bite size pieces
¾ cup of Milk
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a bunt pan well and set aside.
2) In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar, add the lemon zest, eggs and salt and mix to combine.
3) Add the milk and limoncello and whisk it all together so you have a smooth mixture.
4) Add the flour along with the baking powder and vanilla powder (or extract) and mix it together just long enough to combine the dry ingredients.
5) Sprinkle the apples with a about 3 tbsp of flour and toss them to coat.
6) Add the apples to the batter and fold them in.
7) Pour the batter in the prepared pan and bake it for about one hour to an hour and fifteen minutes or until fully cooked through.
8) Allow it to cool completely, invert onto a platter and dust generously with confectioner sugar.
NOTE: the batter might need to get thinned out with a bit of milk or thickened with a little extra flour. I tried my best to measure the ingredients as best as I could but as I have mentioned in the video, my nonna does not measure and just does things by eye. Check out the video so you can see what the consistency of the batter should look like.