Cook time10 minutes
- 2 Cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tbsp of Baking Powder
- 1 tsp of Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp of Salt
- 2 tsp of Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/4 cup of Apple Butter
- ½ cup of Apple Cider
- ¼ cup of Brown Sugar
- ½ cup of Granulated Sugar
- 2 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups of Powdered Sugar
- 3/4 tsp of Pumpkin pie Spice
- Zest of ½ of an Orange
- 4 Tbsp of Apple Cider, you might need a bit more if the glaze is too thick
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray 2 doughnuts pans with non stick spray and set aside.
2) In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice, set aside.
3) In a separate bowl, mix together both kinds of sugar, melted butter, egg, vanilla extract and apple sauce.
4) Pour your wet ingredients into your dry and mix them in adding the apple cider (you might need to add a touch more cider if your batter is too thick).
5) Fill a disposable piping bag (or a large resealable bag) with half of your batter and fill your doughnut pans 3/4 of the way.
6) Bake the doughnuts for about 10 minutes or until cooked through (check them with a toothpick).
7) Allow them to cook completely!
8) To make the glaze, whisk together the powdered sugar, orange zest, pumpkin pie spice and apple cider until smooth and no more lumps appear.
9) Line a baking sheet with alluminum foil and place a wire rack over the top.
10) Dip the top of each donut in the glace and sit them on your wire rack to set