Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 496
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Serves 8Prep time: 7 mins
Cook time: 35 mins
5 Apples, peeled, cored, quartered and tossed in about 2 tbsp of lemon juice to keep them from turning brown
½ cup of Granulated Sugar
1/4 cup of Brown Sugar
6 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter
1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
1 Sheet of Puff Pastry, thawed
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2) In a 10” oven proof non stick skillet, melt the butter and both sugars, let it cook over medium heat until its all bubbling and the sugar has melted and the mixture is a deep golden brown color.
3) Arrange the apples over the caramel. Cover the skillet with a lid, reduce the heat to medium-low and cook the apples for 12 to 15 minutes, add the vanilla and turn the heat off.
4) Roll the puff pastry out slightly on your counter, fit it on top of the apple mixture making sure to tuck in the over hanging edges. Make a few slits over the top of the pastry to allow steam to escape.
5) Place the skillet onto a baking sheet and pop it in the oven to bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the crust is a beautiful golden brown color.
6) Allow it to cool for only 5 minutes, then invert onto a large platter.