Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 54
Watch these next:
For the bread:
1 ¾ cup All Purpose Flour
1 cup Granulated Sugar
1 Stick of Unsalted Butter at room temperature
4 Ripe Bananas, lightly mashed
½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt
2 Tbsp Whole Milk
½ tsp Vanilla Extract
For the maple butter:
1 Stick Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
2 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2) Grease a 9’ by 5’ loaf pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
3) In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugar. Add the eggs and whisk to combine. Add the mashed bananas and vanilla and mix to combine.
4) Add the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix together until just combined. DO NOT OVERMIX!! Add milk while mixing in the dry ingredients.
5) Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes. At the 50 minute mark test it by inserting a toothpick in the center and if it comes out really wet than let it go until 1 hour and 10 minutes, if it comes out with a little wet batter than cook it for only 1 hour.
6) When ready, let it cool for about 20 minutes. Meanwhile you can make the maple butter by just creaming together the 1 stick of butter and the 2 tbsp of maple syrup.
7) Slice and smear with the maple butter so you can feel like you are in heaven!
To store, simply wrap tightly in aluminum foil and pop it in the fridge, whenever in the mood for a piece just slice away and stick in the microwave for 20 seconds. Smear with the maple butter and you will think that it just came out of the oven. It’s a yummy thing to have on hand for last minute breakfast, or after school snack or just simply reward yourself whenever in the mood!