Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 988
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Serves 6Prep time: 10 mins
1 14 oz can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 cup of Chocolate Graham Cracker Crumbs
2 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter
2 Tbsp of Brown Sugar
3 Bananas, peeled and sliced into 1/2” rounds
1 Cup of Heavy Cream, whipped to stiff peaks
1) Remove the paper label from the can of sweetened condensed milk and place the can into a saucepan, cover with water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and cook the sweetened condensed milk (in the unopened can) for 2 and a half hours. Make sure the can is always submerged in the boiling water, you will find that every 25 minutes you will need to add more boiling water to the saucepan with the milk to keep the water at the right level. Always keep a separate saucepan on a burner and bring some water to a boil and add it to the pot with the milk, you will need to do this several times throughout the 2 and a half hours. Remove the can from the hot water and allow it to cool in the refrigerator, never open this while it’s hot because it could explode, allow it to cool for several hours.
2) In a large skillet, add the butter and brown sugar, allow it to melt, then add the bananas and cook them just for a few minutes until they caramelize a little, remove from the heat.
3) When ready to assemble, add a bit of the chocolate graham cracker crumbs in the bottom of 6 serving cups, add a dollop of the dulce de leche on top, followed by the caramelized bananas and a bit more crumbs.
4) Cover each one with some plastic wrap, then pop them in the fridge for about an hour or so.
5) When ready to serve, top each one with some of the whipped cream and grated chocolate!