Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 819
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Serves 8Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 2 hrs 30 mins
1-1/2 cups of Ground Graham Crackers
1/2 cup of Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
1 can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
6 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
1/4 cup of Chocolate Chips
1-1/4 cup of Heavy Cream, whipped to stiff peaks
1) Remove the paper wrapping on the can of sweetened condensed milk and place it in a saucepan, cover with water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and cook the sweetened condensed milk (in the unopened can) for 2 and a half hours. Make sure the can is always submerged in the boiling water, you will find that every 25 minutes you will need to add boiling water to the saucepan with the milk to keep the water at the right level. always keep a separate saucepan on a burner and bring to a boil some water and add it to the pot with the milk, you will need to do this several times throughout the 2 and a half hours. Remove the can from the hot water and allow it to cool in the refrigerator, never open this while it’s hot because it could explode, allow it to cool for several hours.
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, grease a 9” pie plate with some non stick spray and set aside.
2)In the bowl of a food processor, add the crushed graham crackers, butter and chocolate chips, pulse until your have a mixture that resembles wet sand. Press it in the bottom and sides of the prepared pie plate, pop it in the oven for about 8 minute or until lightly golden, allow to cool.
3) Slice the bananas into coins and place them in the bottom of your crust, pour over the cooked sweetened condensed milk and smear evenly to cover the bananas.
4) Cover the top with whipped cream and pop it in the fridge for a couple hours.
5) Add some white chocolate curls all over the top before serving!