Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 314
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
2 4oz Pieces of Filet Mignon
1 cup of Finely Chopped Cremini Mushrooms
1 Clove of Garlic, minced
2 Tbsp of Finely Chopped Onion
2 Tbsp of White Wine
1 Tbsp of Fresh Chopped Parsley
2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 Sheet of puff Pastry
Egg wash (one egg beaten with 1 tbsp of water)
1) Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2) In a large skillet, preheat 1 Tbsp of the olive oil over medium-high heat, add the onions and mushrooms and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes or until browned. Add the garlic and season with salt and pepper, cook for 1 more minute and then add the white wine and parsley and cook for another minute until the wine reduces.
3) Remove the mushroom mixture from the skillet and wipe it clean. Add the remaining 1 Tbsp of oil and preheat it over high heat. Season both steaks with salt and pepper on each side and cook them for about 2 minutes on each side.
4) Place them on a plate to cool slightly, meanwhile work on the pastry.
5) Lay the puff pastry on a lightly floured surface, roll it out about an inch more on each side. Cut them in quarters and lay 2 pieces on your work surface. Divide the mushroom filling between the two pieces making sure itís placed in the middle of the square. Place a piece of the cooked beef on top of the mushrooms filling.
6) Brush the egg wash around all the edges of the pastry and seal the pastry over the beef mixture.
7) Turn them upside down (sealed side down) and place them on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Brush them with some egg wash and sprinkle over some salt and pepper.
8) Bake them for 10 to 15 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.