Cook time minutes
ServingsMakes about 4 cups
- 4 cups of Fresh Mixed Berries, you can use frozen (just make sure to thaw them before cooking)
- 1 cup of Sugar
- Zest of 1 Orange
- 2 tsp of Corn Starch
- 1 Tbsp of Orange Juice or Water
1) In a small bowl, dissolve the corn starch In the orange juice and set aside.
2) In a medium saucepan, combine the berries, sugar and orange zest. Cook over medium high heat and bring to a boil stirring often until the sugar dissolves.
3) Add the cornstarch mixture and cook for 1 more minute (overcooking will make the fruit disintegrate).
4) Let it cool to room temperature and enjoy over pancakes, waffles, muffins, or even in parfaits.