Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 419
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Makes 12Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
3 Sheets of Puff Pastry, thawed
3 oz Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 cup of Granulated Sugar
½ tsp of Vanilla Extract
½ tsp of Lemon Zest
2 tsp of Lemon Juice
1 cup of Blueberries
2 tsp of Corn Starch
Pinch of Salt
Egg Wash (one egg beaten with 1 tbsp of water)
Powdered Sugar, optional
1) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees, line a couple baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2) In a bowl, add the cream cheese, lemon zest, half of the sugar, vanilla and egg yolk. Mix it together with a wooden spoon and set aside.
3) In another bowl, add the blueberries, remaining sugar, corn starch and lemon juice and set that aside for a few minutes as well.
4) Dust some flour on your work surface, and working with one piece of puff pastry at a time, roll it out slightly with a rolling pin until it’s 10” square all around.
5) Using a 4” round cuter, cut 4 circles out of each piece of puff pastry. Place the cutouts on the parchments lined baking sheets.
6) Dollop about 2 tsp of the cream cheese mixture in the center of each one and top that with a tbsp of the blueberry mixture.
7) Brush the edges of the cutouts with the egg wash and fold over one half and seal it shot (in a half moon shape)
8) Brush the top with the egg wash as well and make a tiny little slit at the top of each one with a sharp knife.
9) Bake them for about 25 minutes or until golden brown, making sure to rotate the baking sheets half way though baking for even coloring.
10) Let them cool for a few minutes than dust them with confectioner sugar and enjoy!