Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 55
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
1 1/4 lb Ground Beef
1 Medium Onion, finely copped
1 Large Carrot, finely chopped
1 cup Frozen Defrosted Baby Peas
1 28oz can of Italian Crushed Tomatoes
1 cup Red Wine
1 lb of pappardelle ( wide long noodles, wider than tagliatelle) if you cant fine them than rigatoni or penne with lines will do.
3 Tbsp Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper, to taste
Fresh Parmiggiano Reggiano
1) Fill a large pan with cold water, add a nice handful of salt and bring to boil for the pasta.
2) In a large high sided pan preheated over medium high, cook the beef with the olive oil for about 2 minutes until almost cooked through. Add the chopped onion and carrot and let cook about 5 to 7 minutes or until the onions and carrots start to cook down and soften season with lightly with salt and pepper.
3) Add the wine and cook for 1 minute. Add the crushed tomatoes and turn the heat to medium. Partially cover and cook for about 30 minutes, check on it periodically.
4) After 30 minutes, season with salt and pepper and add the peas. This is also the time to add the pasta to the boiling water. Cook the peas in the sauce for the same amount of time it takes for the pasta to cook.
5) Once the pasta is cooked al dente, (donít overcook your pasta itís a big no no) turn the heat off on the sauce and mix the pasta and sauce together. Add in some fresh basil and serve up piled high on a shallow plate and grate over some parmiggiano reggiano.
6) I bet once you make this Bolognese you will make it over and over because it is that good and total comfort food alla Italiana. Enjoy!