Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 1131
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Makes about 8Prep time: 25 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
1/2 cup of Milk
8 oz of Breakfast Sausage without the casing
1 cup of Cooked Black Beans
1/2 Red Bell Pepper, diced
1/2 of a Small Red Onion, diced
1/2 Small Jalapeno, seeded and diced, optional
8-10 inch Large Tortilla, often labeled (burrito size)
Cooked Breakfast potatoes, optional
2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
Fresh Chopped Cilantro
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Salt and Pepper to taste
Salsa or Hot Sauce, optional
1) Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Stack the tortillas and wrap them in some foil, pop them in the oven for about 10 minutes or until fully warmed through.
2) In a large skillet preheated over medium high heat, add a small drizzle of olive oil and once hot, add the sausage, cook, crumbling it with a wooden spoon as much as possible and once cooked through, remove to a plate using a slotted spoon.
3) Clean out the skillet using a paper towel, add another drizzle of oil, reduce the heat to medium and cook the peppers and onion for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender but not mushy.
4) While they are cooking, whisk together the eggs with the milk and a pinch of salt and pepper, pour the mixture into the skillet with the cooked peppers and onions and cook stirring the whole time until the eggs are just set, stir in the cilantro (optional) and remove from the heat.
5) To assemble, add a spoonful of egg mixture in the center of each tortilla, followed by either the cooked sausage or black beans or breakfast potatoes (or all of the above) a sprinkle of cheese and a drizzle of hot sauce or salsa.
6) Wrap the tortilla burrito style (watch video for a clear visual) pop them in the oven for about 5 to 6 minutes to warm everything through.
NOTE: To freeze the burritos, wrap each one in some aluminum foil, then place all the wrapped burritos in a large freezer bag, and pop them in the freezer. The night before you want to serve one, take it out of the freezer and pop it in the fridge. The next morning unwrap it and pop it in the microwave for a couple of minutes or until fully warmed through or in n hot oven.