Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 1001
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Serves 6Prep time: 4 hrs
Cook time: 1 hrs
10 Slices of White Bread, torn into bite size pieces
1 lb of Breakfast Sausage
4 Scallions, trimmed and chopped
2 Cups of Whole Milk
1 Tbsp of Ground Mustard
Salt and Pepper, to taste
2 Cups of Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1) In a large skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat until fully cooked through (keep breaking it up with a wooden spoon as it cooks) then at the last few seconds of cooking, stir in the scallions and remove from the heat.
2) Add the pieces of bread into the bottom of your casserole dish, then sprinkle over the sausage mixture and set aside.
3) In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, mustard, salt, pepper and 1 cup of cheese, pour mixture evenly over top of the bread and top it with the remaining cheese.
4) Wrap the casserole with plastic wrap and pop it in the fridge for a couple of hours or overnight.
5) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and bake the casserole for about an hour or until puffed and golden brown.