Cook time30 minutes
ServingsMakes About 18 Squares
- 1/2 cup of of Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
- 1 Ĺ cups of Bittersweet Chocolate, melted
- 1 Cup of Sugar
- 2 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- ľ tsp of Salt
- 1 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 Tbsp of warm Water
- 1 tsp of Instant Espresso Powder
- 2/3 Cup of All Purpose Flour
- 3 cups of Turtle Ice Cream (or your favorite ice cream)
- 1 Ĺ cups of Sliced Strawberries, optional
- 1 ľ cup of Semisweet Chocolate pieces
- 2/3 cups of Heavy Cream
1) Preheat oven to 350. Spray an 9x9 inch square pan with non stick cooking spray and lay the bottom with parchment paper making sure the parchment comes up the sides of the pan, set aside.
2) In a small cup mix together the warm water with the instant espresso powder, set aside.
3) In a large bowl whisk together the sugar and butter until fluffy. Add the eggs, vanilla extract and espresso mixture, beat until all is combined.
4) Add the melted chocolate and whisk, add the dry ingredients and mix everything together until itís incorporated but donít over mix.
5) Pour batter into your prepared pan and bake for about 25 minutes or until when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out with moist crumbs but not wet batter.
6) Cool completely!
7) Spread the ice cream on top of the cooled brownies and lay the slices of strawberries in one layer all over the top, cover and pop them in the freezer for about 20 minutes.
8) In a small saucepan, add the heavy cream and bring it to a simmer. Break the chocolate into small pieces and place it in a bowl, pour the hot cream over the top and let it sit for a couple minutes.
9) Whisk the heavy cream and chocolate until the chocolate is fully melted, pour over the layer of ice cream and even it out as much as possible. Cover with aluminum foil and freeze for a few hours or overnight.
10) When ready to serve, use a sharp knife and make sure to wipe clean after each cut so you keep the slices clean.