Cook time minutes
- 6 Asparagus, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 Medium Shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 Clove Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp of Balsamic Vinegar
- 8 Large Basil Leaves
- 2 oz of Thinly Sliced Prosciutto
- 2 oz of Smoked Mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 1 French Baguette
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
1) Preheat your broiler to low and also preheat a grill pan to toast the bread.
2) In a small non stick skillet on medium heat, sauté the shallots and garlic with the extra virgin olive oil, until the shallots and garlic and light golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes.
3) Add the asparagus and cook for 1 minute. Add the balsamic vinegar and season with salt and pepper to taste. Lower the heat to medium low and cook for 5 to 7 minutes. The asparagus should be crisp tender.
4) Meanwhile slice the baguette into 8 slices on a diagonal and drizzle lightly with the extra virgin olive oil. Place the slices of bread on the preheated grill pan and toast them until golden brown on both sides. About 2 minutes per side.
5) Once the asparagus is cooked and the bread is toasted, line the bread on a foiled lined baking sheet and top with a couple pieces of asparagus a little of the shallot and garlic mixture. Place 1 small thin piece of prosciutto over the asparagus and top it with a slice of basil and a slice of the smoked mozzarella. Place them under the broiler to melt the cheese, making sure you don’t step away because the cheese takes a matter of seconds to melt and it can burn very quickly.
6) When ready place them on a pretty platter and serve immediately! What a great way to start a party!