Cook time15 minutes
- 10 oz of Brussels Sprouts
- 4 oz of Pancetta, chopped into small dice
- 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1 Small Red or Yellow Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter
- 1 Tbsp of Fresh Chopped Parsley
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) Trim the ends of the Brussels sprouts, halve them and set them aside. Bring a saucepan filled with water up to a boil, add a pinch of salt and add your Brussels sprouts and cook them for about 2 minutes, drain and set aside.
2) Preheat a large skillet over about medium heat (between medium and medium-high is the sweet spot here) add the pancetta, oil and onion and cook it until the pancetta becomes nice and crispy on all sides and the shallot has developed a bit of color.
3) Add the partially cooked sprouts, toss them with the pancetta and onions, place them cut side down and allow everything to cook together for about 4 to 5 minutes or until the sprouts have developed some color.
4) Add the butter, parsley and a pinch of salt and pepper and cook everything together for about a minute and serve!