Cook time15 minutes
ServingsMakes About 2 Dozen
- 7 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
- ½ cup of Sugar
- 1 Egg
- ½ tsp of Vanilla
- ¼ tsp of Salt
- 1 ½ cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1 ½ cups of Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tbsp of Unsweetened Cacao Powder
- 2 to 3 Tbsp of Milk
1) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees, line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2) In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugar, add the egg and vanilla and mix until incorporated.
3) Add the flour and salt mixture and mix just enough to combine and the dough is nice and smooth.
4) Roll the dough out onto a floured surface and using a 3” round cookie cutter, cut out your cookies and place them on the prepared baking sheets making sure that they are spaced a couple inches apart from each other.
5) Bake for about 13 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Allow them to cool completely and set aside.
6) In another bowl, add the confectioner sugar, cocoa powder, and 2 Tbsp of milk, mix until it comes together into a glaze-like consistency but make sure to start with only 2 Tbsp of milk because you want to make sure its runny but not too thin. Add a bit more milk a teaspoon at a time if it needs more liquid.