Cook time minutes
ServingsMakes 18 Biscuits
- 4 cups of Self Rising Flour
- 1 tbsp of Baking Powder
- ½ tsp of Baking Soda
- ½ tsp of Salt
- 1/3 cup of Cold Unsalted Butter, cut into small cubes
- 1/3 cup of Cold Vegetable Shortening, cut into small pieces
- 1 ½ to 2 cups of Buttermilk
- ¼ cup of Melted Butter
1) Preheat your oven to 400 degrees, line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2) In a food processor add the first 4 ingredients and just blend it for 1 second to mix them.
3) Add the cold butter and shorting and pulse it until the texture is coarse and the butter and shortening are distributed well.
4) Wile pulsing add the buttermilk and mix it just until the dough comes together.
5) Roll the dough onto a lightly floured surface to about 1 inch thickness.
6) Using a biscuit cutter cut all the biscuits and place them on the parchment paper lined baking sheets.
7) Brush them with melted butter and bake them for about 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly golden.