Cook time1 hours 0 minutes
ServingsServes 6 to 8
- 1 Large Head of Cabbage
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1 lb of Ground Beef
- 1 cup of Cooked Rice
- 1 Egg
- ľ cup of Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 Tbsp of Worcesteshire Sauce
- Salt and Pepper To taste
- 2 Tbsp of Fresh Chopped Parsley
- 4 cups of Marinara sauce
- 2 Tbsp of Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
1) Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Drop the cabbage in and cook it for a few minutes or until the leaves become pliable. Allow to cool for a few minutes.
2) In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, onion, garlic, egg, rice, panko, worcesteshire, parsley and salt and pepper, mix together well so everything is well incorporated.
3) In a small bowl, mix together the marinara sauce with the brown sugar and vinegar, set aside.
4) Add half of the sauce in the bottom of a heavy duty dutch oven and set aside.
5) Working with one leaf at a time, lay it flat in front of you, cut out the stem and place about ľ of a cup of filling n the center of each one. Roll it up making sure to tuck in the sides as well and place it seam side down in the dutch oven (donít worry if they donít all fit in one layer, you can stack them on top of each other a bit if you have to)
6) Pour the remaining sauce on top and cook them partially covered on medium low heat for 1 hour.