Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 412
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Serves 6Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
1 ½ pounds of Italian Sausage, casings removed
1 Clove Of Garlic, minced
1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
Two 10-ounce packages of frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and squeezed dry
1 pound of Cannelloni Tubes or Manicotti tubes
1 cup of Freshly Grated Parmiggiano Reggiano, plus more
Salt and Pepper, to Taste
About 4 cups of Béchamel Sauce, recipe follows
For the Béchamel Sauce:
¼ cup of Butter
¼ cup of Flour
4 cups of Whole Milk
Freshly Grated Nutmeg
Salt and White Pepper
To make the sauce:
1) In a large sauce pan over medium heat add the butter and let it melts. Add the flour and stir until the flour is incorporated in the butter, cook for a couple minutes or until there are no lumps.
2) Slowly add the milk while whisking and cook for a few minutes or until the milk has thickened, stirring the whole time.
3) Season with a touch of fresh grated nutmeg and salt and white pepper to taste.
4) Turn off the heat and place it in a large bowl, set aside.
To make the rest of the recipe:
5) Fill a pot with water and sprinkle in a good amount of salt, bring to a boil and add in your pasta tubes. Cook them for about 5 minutes, drain well, and place them in a single layer on a baking sheet that’s been lined with paper towels, set aside.
6) In a large non stick skillet over medium high heat, add the oil and garlic and let that cook until the garlic becomes fragrant.
7) Add the sausage and brake it up as much as possible (using a potato masher for this is perfect) allow the sausage to cook all the way.
8) Remove the sausage with a slotted spoon to a bowl making sure not to scoop up any of the fat from the pan.
9) To the sausage, add the spinach and 1 cup of the béchamel sauce and season with salt and pepper.
10) Preheat the oven to 375 degree, butter two 9X13 baking dishes and spread a thin layer of the sauce in the bottom of each one.
11) Using a small spoon, scoop some of the filling inside each pasta tube, lay them in one layer in your prepared baking dish.
12) Divide the remaining sauce between the two baking dishes and smear it all over nice and evenly.
13) Grate a good amount of parmiggiano reggiano over the top and bake for about 40 minutes or until its nice and bubbly and golden brown on top.