Cook time minutes
- 16 Cannoli Shells
- 2 lbs of Whole Milk Ricotta
- 1 Ĺ cup of Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsp of Candied Orange Peel
- Mini Chocolate Chips
1) Place a piece of cheese cloth in a strainer and hang it over a bowl, add the ricotta in the cloth line strainer and cover it with a bit more cheese cloth. Place a small plate over the top of the ricotta and weigh it down with a large can of tomatoes or anything heavy.
2) Let it strain in the fridge overnight.
3) In a large bowl, add the strained ricotta, powdered sugar, vanilla and candied orange peel. Stir everything so itís all well mixed.
4) Add the filling in a large disposable piping bag fitted with a large tip, pipe the mixture in the cannoli shells and dip each end into the mini chocolate chips and sprinkle over some powdered sugar. Serve right away for best tasting cannoli.