Cook time45 minutes
ServingsMakes 16 bars
- 3/4 Cup of Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup of Cream Cheese, at room temperature
- 1-1/4 Cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup of Quick Cooking Oats
- 3/4 Cup of Brown Sugar
- 1/4 tsp of Salt
- 2 tsp of Vanilla ExtractFor the Filling:
- 1 12oz jar of Caramel
- 1 Tbsp of All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup of Semisweet Chocolate Chips
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x9” baking pan with parchment paper and spray with non stick spray, set aside.
2) In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter, sugar and cream cheese, add the vanilla and mix until well combined.
3) Add the flour, oats and salt and mix just until combined.
4) Take about 1/2 cup of the dough mixture and set aside.
5) Take the remaining dough and press it in the pan, bake for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden.
6) Mix together the caramel and flour and spread it evenly over the pre-baked crust, sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top and dot the remaining dough over it.
7) Pop it back in the oven for another 15 to 20 minutes or until the top is lightly golden.
8) Allow them come to room temperature, then lift them out of the pan (you might have to run a knife around the edges) place them on a wire rack and pop them in the fridge for around an hour to set.
9) Cut into desired size and serve!