Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 632
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Makes 8 Small BurgersPrep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
2 ¼ lb of Ground Beef 85/15 (85 percent lean 15 percent fat)
2 Tbsp of Salt Free Steak Seasoning
About 1 Tbsp of Worcesteshire Sauce
4 Tbsp of Finely Chopped Parsley
4 Cloves of Garlic, finely minced
8oz of Gruyere cheese, or shredded
8 Small Kaiser Rolls
Slices of Fresh Tomatoes and Lettuce
Whole Grain Mustard
Salt and Pepper
For the Onions:
2 Large Yellow Onions, thinly sliced
2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
2 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter
1 tsp of Granulated Sugar
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) Preheat a large skillet over medium heat, add the butter and oil and allow it to get hot.
2) Add the onions, salt, pepper and sugar and cook the onions for about 8 to 10 minutes or until they caramelize and develop color, turn the heat off and set aside.
3) Preheat your grill pan to medium heat.
4) In a bowl, mix together the ground beef, steak seasoning, worcesteshire sauce, parsley and garlic. Form 8 patties making sure to make a deep impression in the center of each one.
5) Place them on the hot grill pan and let them cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side for medium.
6) A couple minutes before the burgers are ready, while still on the grill, top each one with some of the cheese and place some aluminum foil on top so it helps the cheese melt.
7) Mix together some mayo and mustard and slather a small amount on one side of each bun.
8) Place the burger on your bun and top it with the cooked onions, lettuce and tomatoes.