Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 813
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Serves 6 to 8Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
For the Cherries:
4 cups of Fresh Sweet Pitted Cherries
1/2 cup of Granulated Sugar
1 Tbsp of Cornstarch
1/2 tsp of Ground Cinnamon
2 tsp of lemon juice
For the Batter:
1/2 cup of Unsalted Butter, melted
1 cup of Flour
2 tsp of Baking Powder
1/4 tsp of Salt
1 cup of Sugar
3/4 cup of Milk
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2) Pour the butter in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish, pop it in the oven so the butter can melt and set aside.
3) In a saucepan, add the cherries, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and lemon juice and bring to a boil. Turn off the heat and set aside.
4) In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Add the egg and milk and stir to combine.
5) Pour the batter over the butter but do not stir the two together.
6) Scatter the cherry mixture evenly over the top and donít stir them in just leave them as-is.
7) Bake for about 40 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve with ice cream if desired.