Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 937
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Serves 6 to 8Prep time: 25 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
2 cups of All Purpose Flour (plus more)
1/4 tsp of Baking Soda
1/4 tsp of Salt
1 Whole Egg and 1 Egg Yolk
1/2 cup of Granulated Sugar
1/2 cup of Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
2 Tbsp of Orange Liqueur or orange juice
About 3 Tbsp of White Wine
1) Add the oil to a pot and allow it to get nice and hot over medium high heat, should be around 375 degrees.
2) On your work surface or a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix together the flour, baking soda, salt, sugar and butter until the butter is distributed throughout the dry ingredients.
3) Add the egg and yolk along with the orange liqueur and keep kneading to until the dry ingredients have absorbed everything.
4) While youíre kneading, add the white wine and and touch more flour as you go (if needed) and keep kneading until you are left with a smooth dough thatís not sticky.
5) Roll the dough out on a floured surface, you want it to be thin but not see-through, cut into little strips, about 2 inches wide by 4 inches long, drop them in the hot oil and cook them in batches for a few minutes, making sure to turn them half way through to make sure they are getting evenly colored.
6) Cook all of your chiacciere in batches and once drained on a paper towel lined plate, allow them to cool slightly and then sprinkle some confectioners sugar all over the top.