Cook time2 hours 10 minutes
ServingsServes 6 to 8
- 1 lb of Ground Chicken
- 1/2 lb of Turkey Sausage, casings removed
- 1 Large Onion, chopped
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1 ½ Tbsp of Chili Powder
- 2 (4oz) cans of Mild Chopped Chilies
- 2 tsp of Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp of Dried Oregano
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 2 14oz cans of Cannellini Beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups of Chicken Broth
- ¼ cup of Cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup of Heavy Cream
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) In a large heavy bottom pot, add the olive oil and let it preheat over medium-high heat until its really nice and hot.
2) Add the ground chicken and sausage, break it up with you wooden spoon as best as you can. Let it cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until mostly cooked through.
3) Add the onions and garlic, season the whole thing with some salt and pepper and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until the onions have softened.
4) Add the cumin, oregano and chili powder and cook the spices while constantly stirring for 30 seconds.
5) Add the canned chilies, chicken stock and beans and bring to a boil. Turn the heat to medium-low, partially cover the pot and let the chili simmer for about 2 hours.
6) After 2 hours, increase the heat to high, bring to a rolling boil, season with salt and pepper and add the heavy cream. Cook for 2 more minutes, add the cilantro and serve right away!